Keeping insects, especially flying insects, at bay, is a very important way of avoiding and/or fighting all kinds of diseases.
Flies, mopeds, mosquitos and even moths etc can carry harmful bacteria into your house that effect the health and wellbeing of your family.
Research shows that if a fly even sits for 0,5 seconds on your food or plate, your meal can become infected with harmful bacteria that can cause various kinds of illnesses.
The most dreadful disease feared by most people living in Africa, is of course malaria.
In South Africa we are fortunate enough to have only a few limited areas infected by this threat of which Limpopo, and the Eastern parts of the Mpumalanga Province are especially known for this threat.
In the last couple of years there has been an increase of Malaria cases in the Pretoria area where even people who have not been to the known infected areas, have attracted the disease.
As the saying goes: prevention is better that cure!
In their article “Preventing Malaria”, Health24 makes the following recommendations:
· Wear clothing with long sleeves and cover your ankles – especially at dawn and dusk, when mosquitoes are most active.
· Use long-lasting insecticide sprays inside homes and buildings.
· Place wire or gauze screens on all doors and windows.
· Keep a fan on in the room during the night – the current seems to put off the mosquitoes.
· Apply mosquito repellents directly to the skin.
· Use mosquito netting over the beds – these can be soaked in certain types of insecticide.
· Try and spend evenings indoors rather than outdoors, as you are much less likely to get bitten by mosquitoes.
· Blankets treated with mosquito repellents are useful.
In an article “What kind of bacteria do flies carry?”, BBC News/science environment reports the following:
“House flies are strongly suspected of transmitting at least 65 diseases to humans,
including typhoid fever, dysentery, cholera, poliomyelitis, yaws, anthrax,tularemia,
leprosy and tuberculosis.
Flies regurgitate and excrete wherever they come to rest and thereby mechanically transmit disease organisms.”
Magniscreen is one important way of fighting and preventing the spreading of diseases by keeping flies, mosquitos and other potentially dangerous insects
from entering your home, making your dwelling the safe environment you need to enjoy healthy living.
MAGNISCREEN – THE NO-NONSENSE, NO-INSTALLATION, EFFORTLESS COVERING OF YOUR WINDOW OPENINGS