A tile supplier should be able to offer the following services
- Advice on the suitability of tiles for certain areas in your home
- Ordering of tiles, as well as extras in case of breakages or chipping in the future
- Advice on color, patterns and pattern matching
- Calculating how many tiles you should purchase
- Selecting tiles to match your budget
- Providing any other materials to complete the job, e.g. grout and adhesive
- Advice on how to best lay the tiles
A general supplier will stock a variety of brands of tiles. A good retailer should be able to find tiles to suit almost any project in their stores. They usually stock specialist tile types such as granite and will also supply a range of products to enable you to complete the project.
Ensure you choose a reputable tiler when building, renovating or repairing your home.
Your tiler should provide you with a written quotation; ask for references, past experience and ask if he has some photographs of past work.
Make sure you purchase the best quality tile your budget allows for; the supplier is the best person to offer sound advice.
Your tiler should and must perform the following tasks listed below:
• Measure area to be tiled
• Tile layout
• Prepare surface correctly
• Lay tiles using the correct adhesives
• Cutting the tiles with the correct equipment
• Ensure that the tiles are spaced and levelled correctly
• Prepare, apply and remove excess grout
• Tile resurfacing
• Tile removal
• Cleaning and polishing tiles
• Application of waterproofing materials if necessary